Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fish Commission
700 NE Multnomah St, Suite 1200
Portland, OR 97232
Ph: (503) 731-1266
Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife
203 Badgley, Eastern Oregon University
La Grande, OR 97850
Ph: (541) 962-3026
2725 Montlake Blvd.
Seattle, WA 98112
Ph: (206) 860-3235
Charles Morrill, Chair
Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife
600 N. Capitol Way
Olympia, WA 9850
Ph: (360) 902-2747
U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
1211 SE Cardinal Ct., Suite 100
Vancouver, WA 98683
Ph: (360) 604-2535
Idaho Department of Fish & Game
3316 16th Street
Lewiston, ID 83501
Ph: (208) 799-5010
Fish Passage Center
847 NE 19th Avenue, Suite 250
Portland, OR 97232
Ph: (503) 833-3907
The Columbia Basin Fish and Wildlife Authority (http://www.cbfwa.org) and PSMFC have jointly established a PIT Tag Steering Committee (the Committee) to provide technical guidance for the PIT Tag Operations Center (PTOC).
The goal of the Committee is to coordinate implementation of PIT Tag tagging and interrogation systems and to provide a comprehensive Pit Tag database accessible to all interested parties in the Columbia River Basin. The Purpose of the Committee is to:
- Provide technical guidance for the field tagging, interrogation facilities and data management of the PIT Tag Operations Center.
- Provide feedback to the PSMFC Executive Director for annual performance review of the PTOC.
- Coordinate training for taggers and other field personnel involved with the PIT Tag tagging system as needed. Facilitate implementation of standardized tagging techniques to ensure high quality marking.
- Establish system specifications and update annually to assure integrity and continuity of the data.
- Provide coordinated recommendations to appropriate agencies on activities and programs that further the Committee's goals.
- Identify and forward policy issues to FPAC (Fish Passage Advisory Committee) for resolution through the CBFWA.